Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reflection 3 : My e-learning experiences

After our face-to-face, the group decided to have the discssuon on line at 10.30am last Saturday. I was really full of apprehension as I have not tried using MSN before. Anyway, I got my daughter to help me and YEH! I got it done!

We talked about the various initiatives and what to focus on. Joe suggested using pbwork and try to expand the conversation. He is really good at it. I could not access this through my Lotus Notes. In the end we explore using Google doc. At last we manage to have everyone on board to brainstorm and give our views. I found it challenging to multi-task - jumping from one platform to the next and having to read the notes at the same time. Most of the time they lost me and have to help got me back in the conversation. PHEW!!

After two hours of discussion, it was decided that we use jig-saw puzzle strategy to share our learning. After the distribution of work we will do a summary of our areas and email the summarised notes to each other so that every one in the team will have an overview of the various initiatives. Nurul came up with a few guiding questions to help us stay focused. I found these questions useful as it focus our attention on the key issues :
(a) What are the initiatives?
(b) When was the initiatves implemented?
(c) Why was it implemented?
(d) What was its impact on the teaching and learning of mathematics?

I have to read on the PERI report and summarise the essential initiatives. It is going to be heavy going but I think the effort is worth it! Through my reading, I have a clearer picture of why educational policies are made and its impact on our educational landscapes. The overview helps me to understand the rationale of the initiatives and the alignement to the Math Curriculum Framework.              

No comments:

Post a Comment